Call for Applications – Technical Delegate (TD) – National Championships
The CEC is accepting applications for the position of Technical Delegate at each of the 9 National Series events in the 2019/20 season
The primary role for the Technical Delegate (TD) is to act as the liaison between the CEC and the hosting facilities. They are responsible for the event from the moment they are appointed until they submit their final report. The TD is the guarantor for the CEC that the sanctioned event is conducted in accordance to the most current Rules and Regulations.
The TD will be in contact with the hosting facility, using the event agreement will ensure that the facility, competition zone(s) and equipment conform to Rules and regulations, in an appropriate timeline.
During the competition, the TD will attend the athletes/coaches technical meeting. They will advise and assist the JP on matters concerning the competition. This includes providing all necessary assistance to the JP to ensure the competition is fair for all athletes and all technical arrangements are in conformity with CEC Rules and Regulations. The TD will also be a member of Appeals jury with the Jury President.
After the competition, the TD will submit a report to the CEC on the competition and the Jury President as part of the “Officials Review Process”.
A detailed List of Duties will be sent to successful candidates.
All CEC officials will be required to have the following training modules prior to the event:
- Respect in Sport: https://respectgroupinc.com/respect-in-sport/ or an equivalent.
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool or a provincial equivalent https://www.injuryresearch.bc.ca/education/concussion-awareness-training-tool/ or NCCP “Making Head way in Sport”
- NCCP modules – Making Ethical decisions and
- Criminal Record Check, including “Vulnerable Sector”
- Read and remain up to date on all CEC and IFSC rules and regulations.
Experience and skills
Successful candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience as Technical Delegate (not required).
- Experience as competition organizer, head judge, routesetting experience (Preferred).
- Superior understanding of all competition rules and regulations.
- In depth knowledge of competition organization and logistics.
- Details oriented approach to work.
- Willingness to work with others in time pressured environment.
The TD is expected to arrive 1 day in advance of the competition.
- travel and accommodation (to be arranged by CEC)
- contract fee for the length of event as follows:
- 2-day event contract = $900
- 3-day event contract = $1200
Applications will be open from September 10th to 11:59 pm PDT, September 25th/2019.
Email applications including personal CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate which event(s) you are applying for.
The selection committee for the Technical Delegate position at National Championships is as follows:
- High Performance Director
- CEC Athlete Rep
- CEC Series Coordinator
- CEC President
Successful candidates will be notified September 30th, 2019.
2019/2020 event dates
- Open Boulder Regionals – December 14-15, 2019
- Youth Boulder Regionals – January 25-26, 2020
- Lead Speed Regionals – May 1-3, 2020
- Open Boulder Nationals – January 11-12, 2020
- Youth Boulder Nationals – February 15-17, 2020
- Lead Speed Nationals – May 16-18, 2020 **