Call for Applications – CEC Judge – National Championships
The CEC is accepting applications for the position of CEC Judge at each of the 9 National Series in the 2019/20 season
The CEC Judge is appointed by the CEC to assist the JP in undertaking all aspects of judging a competition. The CEC Judge is responsible for announcing the publication of start and result lists, appeals, and any important changes to the competition program.
The CEC Judge oversees all aspirant judges assigned by the facility or PSO. The CEC Judge shall be fully informed of the technical rules and regulations governing competitions approved by the CEC, and shall be instructed in their duties by, and work under the direction of the Jury President. The CEC Judge may act as a member of the Appeals Jury with the Technical Delegate if the JP has been involved in the original decision.
A detailed List of Duties will be sent to successful candidates.
All CEC officials will be required to have the following training modules prior to the event:
- Respect in Sport: https://respectgroupinc.com/respect-in-sport/ or an equivalent.
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool or a provincial equivalent https://www.injuryresearch.bc.ca/education/concussion-awareness-training-tool/ or NCCP “Making Head way in Sport”
- NCCP modules – Making Ethical decisions and
- Criminal Record Check, including “Vulnerable Sector”
- Read and remain up to date on all CEC and IFSC rules and regulations.
Experience and skills
Successful candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Valid CEC membership
- Valid PSO certification (recommendation)
- Previous experience as CEC (Head) Judge.
- Previous experience as Head Judge at PSO level.
- Recommendation from a CEC Jury President.
- Profound knowledge of the CEC competition rules as well as the logistics related to competitions.
- Successful completion a practicum including observing and assisting a CEC Judge during a CEC sanctioned event.
The CEC Judge may be asked to conduct aspirant judge training 1 day prior to the competition.
- travel and accommodation (to be arranged by CEC)
- contract fee for the length of event as follows:
- 2-day event contract = $500
- 3-day event contract = $750
Applications will be open from September 10th/2019 to 11:59 pm PDT, September 25th/2019.
Email applications including personal CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate which event(s) you are applying for.
The selection committee for the CEC Judge position at National Championships is as follows:
- High Performance Director
- CEC Athlete Rep
- CEC Series Coordinator
- CEC President
Successful candidates will be notified September 30th,2019.
2019/2020 EVENT DATES
- Open Boulder Regionals – December 14-15, 2019
- Youth Boulder Regionals – January 25-26, 2020
- Lead Speed Regionals – May 1-3, 2020
- Open Boulder Nationals – January 11-12, 2020
- Youth Boulder Nationals – February 15-17, 2020
- Lead Speed Nationals – May 16-18, 2020 **